London Fashion Week: Day One

Today was the first day of London Fashion Week and all this week I'll be bringing you a series of posts highlighting my favourite moments including reviews from the front row, to designs at the static exhibition at Somerset House.

I did a crazy eight catwalks today and I chose comfort over fashion teaming wedge high tops for all the running about with leather look jeans, a peplum top and an over sized bag for my camera equipment. 

I started with Antoni and Alison at 9am followed by Fyodor Golan at the beautiful setting of The Waldorf Hilton. I then nipped over to Zoe Jordan which had a celebrity packed front row and goody bags complete with No.7 make-up.

A Maria Grachvogel show and presentations by Willow and Eudon Choi followed. I finished my day with Jean Pierre Braganza and Sass & Bide.

Below are some of my favoirite pieces from the day starting with design duo Fyodor Golan's S/S 13 'Holy Mountain' collection which combined  Native American influences with Mayan and Aztec aesthetics. What I loved about the collection were the intense colours and the intricate detailing - especially the facial masks worn by the models.


 
 
See more catwalk after the jump
 


 
Jean-Pierre Braganza's S/S 13 collection is a collaboration with artist Zinaida Lichacheva, and is based around her prints, which are strong swashes and brushstrokes of colour. Sand, black, white and ivory were punctuated with red and cerulean blue and key pieces included block panel dresses and and tailored seperates.
 
 
 

 
 
 
Which collections did you love from day one of LFW and what are you looking forward to for day two?

No comments:

Post a Comment